Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Dubrovnik.
The Pearl of the Adriatic.

The landmark for Bino and I, throughout the week. The city is a network of these winding, chaotic back alleys and long stairways, all made of stone that you assume has been around since time immemorial. It is a beautiful city.


And of course, no city can make my Top Ten list if you can't swim. This is right outside the city walls. We had no idea what awaited us when we came around the bend. But I soon discovered one amazing fact: David Rabinowitz does not know how to dive.


Doesn't know how to dive? How can that be?

"You just lean forward and ... dive," our newly-made British friend, Luke, said when I introduced him to Bino and immediately let him in on the secret. "Gravity will do the work."

You would think so, wouldn't you?


The Orlando Column.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: