"Flip the monitor" refers to my first year of college, when TK, Drew and I were trying to watch "Pulp Fiction" on Boo Boo's computer. When we pressed play, it turned out that through some sort of code error or something that has to do with computers, the movie was being fed out upside down. The sound still worked; the footage was fine -- it was just upside down.
The Boo Boo solution, of course, was the best one in the long run: Fix the problem, start typing in code, take a few minutes to make it better in the end. But TK and I weren't trying to sit there and wait -- we just wanted to watch "Pulp Fiction."
"Just flip it!" we both yelled over and over, as Boo Boo ignored us, knowing that we would be glad in the end that he took the time to actually fix the root of the problem. "Just flip the monitor!"

Ever since I switched to this stupid Beta Blogger BS, I haven't been able to post things with pictures in the way I normally do. And honestly, who wants to read about my trip without pictures? I don't even want to re-read about my trip without pictures. But I don't know anything about computers, and no one at Google seems to care that they have screwed everyone over. So I am flipping the monitor, going back to the old school way of putting pictures online.
If you are reading this, you will know that flipping the monitor worked.

No comments:
Post a Comment