Sunday, December 17, 2006

You got Serrrrrrrrrbed!

When I'm old and gray, and thinking back on my time as a spry youth, galavanting around Belgrade, I will always remember one Three Black Catz neighbor above the rest: Andrea.

A lot of that has to do with the scene I witnessed Friday night, when my brothers and I visited him at work -- a club called Sargon, which was nearly empty at the time. We knew we would be greeted with a hailstorm of "Sexy times!" And we weren't disappointed. We hoped for some free drinks. Again, we were not disappointed. But we didn't expect Andrea, the club's manager, to take his shirt off, run around dancing on top of tables and bars, ignite hair spray blow torches and break perfectly good glasses for no good reason. That, that was just an unexpected treat. Sexy time!

But the main reason I will never forget Andrea isn't because of his Borat impersonations and obsession with his own muscles. I will always remember Andrea because of his hair.


It is a work of art.

With the braids in back, he has taken the Euro mullet to a whole new level. And though it's not very visible in the picture above, Andrea also rocks the Michael Irvin lines-in-the-side look.

And then there is Kris, 18 and on gap year from Down Under, the kid brother of the group.


This is Kris as he appeared when I first met him.

This is how Kris decided he wanted to look after a week of chilling with Andrea.



Si, claro, Kris said. And off he went to Andrea's brother's salon, where he paid less than half price to be remade in Andrea's image.

And just like that, Kris had been initiated into the world of Euroness.


When I walked in the room that night, my mouth dropped. Then I started to spasm in laughter , as I fell backwards into the door.

"I got Serbed," Kris said in his Aussie accent.

Indeed he did. Indeed he did.

No comments: