Monday, March 19, 2007

Hindu temple, Indian dudes, Chinese lettering .... this is Singapore.


Lesli, Claire, Nils, and Uncle Dan looking good in the mirror. This old British colonial house -- rented by the Berggren's from the federal government -- is without a doubt the coolest place I've stayed my entire trip. Pool, backyard with two soccer goals, a basketball hoop, no A.C. necessary with the fans blowing full time, balmy, tropical weather, awesome dog named Hunter (I may start calling him "Meat" in honor of the real Hunter, the one who "shoots")....


Oh, and there is great coffee. Never underestimate the power of good coffee in terms of forming a lasting impression.

This is why Medusa is embarrassed to travel. Something bad always happens.





If there is anything 9.5 months on the road, alone, has taught me, it is this.



"I wish I could do what you're doing," is what I hear more than anything. Unless you've got student loans, or some other debt to pay off (which I thank God every day for being born lucky enough not to be in that position), I've got news for you: You can. Just save up some money and leave. Things will work out from there, I promise.

It's called the Luck of the Traveler. It's what brought me to Singapore. It's what will take me to Africa. It's what makes doing what I've been doing worth doing. And there's plenty of that luck to go around, if you make it happen.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: