Saturday, April 21, 2007

I am back at Chez Knapp in Switzerland. The journey has come full circle in a sense, or at least to about 359 degrees -- the real closure will come in a few days, when I'm back at Jamison's house in London, where it all began last June. After that, I am back to the USA.

"Do you write in your blog every day?" is what Elise's roomate Honorine asked me the other night in Ljubljana. She asked it in disbelief.

"No, but I wish I had been."

I really wish I had been, because there are so many stories and so many things that have already slipped out of my mind, that are pretty much gone forever.

Roger Goodell would probably blame my memory loss on me having "character issues."

I already felt impelled to question why Calvin Johnson, Amobi Okoye and Gaines Adams were in the headlines this week for activities not related to football. And I'm glad Bomani Jones is backing me up.

"It should scare [teams], especially when you see how laid back [Adams] is in his play," one team official told PFW in regard to Adams' admission.

Huh? Is he worried that Adams' pregame ritual is listening to a Peter Tosh record and lighting a spliff as he runs down the tunnel? If Adams' motor doesn't stay on all the time, that's a problem. Is reefer to blame? Check the film of Warren Sapp, then answer that one.

Ladies and gentleman, the No Fun League.

No comments: