British Airways, this doesn't mean I like you.
When I first realized that my bag had not made it to
“Don’t worry,” Meghann had said. “BA lost
Meghann is really good at packaging uncertainty as dogma.
“How long was it before he got it?” I asked, nervously.
“Ten days.”
Ten days?! This was still back in the days when I thought
Wearing a Technicolor Dreamcoat, and looking particularly menacing as a result, was a giant mosquito with a seven-inch dagger for a mouth and the words, MALARIA, Stopping a Global Killer printed underneath.
STOPPING A GLOBAL KILLER. Sweeeeet.
Two things were on my mind at that point:
1) A specific scene from the Al Gore movie about how global warming was putting cities historically out of reach of malarial mosquitoes into the danger zone. The specific example he used, replete with graphics showing cartoon mosquitoes being elevated by increases in temperatures, was
2) The note from my little sister that I’d put in my wallet when I left
When I walked outside into the warm night African air, I’d be lying if I said I was not nervous and scared. My bug spray was in my checked luggage, too.
The early premonitions of finding my bag were good, though. My first night at the Brainch’s house in
Well, it turns out that the dream was true. After uttering “Man, I wish I had _____. That’s in my checked luggage, too” three times per day since arriving on the continent, I’ve received confirmation that the bag is in
Regis, if you’re out there, I hope you have similar luck.
I’m crossing my fingers as I write this – which really makes it harder to type, in case you’ve never tried – because the bag is still en route to

1 comment:
UNbelievable! Only YOUR bag would be lost. Only YOUR bag would be found ... in a dream.
Fingers crossed.
Post a Comment