From now until the end of my year in Tanzania, I'm going to refer to Hunter Flint as "The Committed Champion of the Underprivileged."
That's how his name appears in his bio on our foundation's website. He's also listed the "face of The Foundation For Tomorrow on the continent." Well I'll tell you one thing: Hunter may be the pretty boy, chiseled-jawed model type TFFT needs for marketing purposes, and Mr. Managing Director may be boss of me on e-paper, but Hunter's not telling me, a lowly Program Director, what to do!
"It begins," he said tonight in Charlotte when he found out I was already posting a blog about the start of my next adventure, one that will last twice as long as my Balkan career, when Hunter and I leave for Nairobi tomorrow. "This is gonna last all year." He was speaking with his eyes closed, his head on his pillow. He sounded annoyed-amused (that really is a completely separate human emotion that needs its own term -- should we call it "annoysed"?). Okay, so he sounded annoysed. "Just stories about Hunter. Ha, ha, ha. Hunter is providing the humor for Bayless."
I was just amused. And he's right, it begins.
Sunday, July 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment