Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It's been a month since I left, and not a single picture. You can blame the Developing World's developing Internet connections for that.

Here are just a few to hold the A.D.D. generation at bay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Market Day in Usa River



We're the yellow piece just below the lake in East Africa



Patandi neighborhood kids playing the 3rd World version of Pow-Pow-Power Wheels



Nkoaranga Orphanage kids


(Wema, with the pink beanie, is my favorite because she used to shrug her shoulders every time you said her name. Wema Wema Wema! (shrug shrug shrug) Also, she asked me who I was the other day in Swahili; I said 'Bayless'; she said, 'No, you're baba,' which means 'dad'; I said 'Whose dad?'; She said 'Wewe ni Baba Wema' -- 'You're my daddy.' I thought it was cute, especially when she remembered me the next day and informed the other three-year-olds that I was her dad in Swahili. Hunter says it's "not good." He's just jealous.)


Watoto Waafrika opening our gate uninvited


Uhhh, let me just guess what they were saying here: "Mzunguuuuuuuuuu!"

1 comment:

Constance Seré said...

so cute so cute so cute