Saturday, March 29, 2008

After almost nine months of our common law, sans sex de facto marriage, Hunter and I have gone from the Wazungu Wawili to the Wazungu WaTATU, baby. The third amigo, our favorite pale Pennsylvanian, is here for two weeks.




It's the first time all three of us -- TK, me, Mwindaji -- have been together since the last day of college in May 2006. And not much has changed.




TK is still awkwardly tall. And he's still silly. And I'm going to write a great story about his visit when it's all said and done, just for you, Martha.

(And he's sooooo cute, too!)




Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few photos of late.



A problem you don't often think about back home -- people trying to siphon the gas out of your car -- solved.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------



Derikiiiiiiiiiiiiii! I love this kid.



I mean, how could you not?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Ain't no Air Jordans in Monduli. Just Goodyear. And Michelin. And every other tire that can be made into a sandal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Slavic girls are just a tad hotter than these Maasai babes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Hunter makes a friend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Mount Meru, posing as Mount Kilimanjaro. Some people say they've never seen snow on the top until this week. Global warming, shmobal warming.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For anyone worried about our safety after having read about all the crap we've had to deal with these past few months with thieves, being forced to move out of our house, etc., please allay your fears. Olfo, our new security guard who we're almost positive stole Tom's shoes two nights ago, is ready.




Now, if I could only explain to him that you're supposed to load the arrow on the other side of the bow.

On second thought, maybe it's better that he remain ignorant on how to shoot his mshale, seeing as I'm about to fire his ass.

1 comment:

Benjamin Rubenstein said...

now you and zim each got to shake W's hand. nice