Thursday, September 25, 2008

Raja and I went to Agora last night to chill for an hour or two before the midnight curfew still in effect in Houston. His friend Alex had recommended the peach beer they sell. I don't like fruity beers, since I'm a man. Raja, who has big muscles and is very intimidating if he gives you the stare down, like fruity beers.




Here was the dialogue between Raja and the female cashier:

Cashier: "That'll be ten dollars."

Raja: "For everything?"

Cashier: "No, for the beer."

Raja: "Ten dollars?!"

Me: laughing

Raja: (sensing that he needed a justification for spending ten dollars on a bottle of beer, while not in Moscow or Oslo or Manhattan) "My friend told me I really needed to get the peach beer..."

Cashier: "Is your friend a she?"

Raja: "Excuse me?"

Cashier: silence

Raja: "No, it's a guy."

Cashier: (clearly trying hard to react like she was not surprised) "Oh."

No comments: