By now, everyone with an Internet connection faster than the one in East Africa has seen Sarah Palin's infamous Katie Couric interview. They have also seen Tina "Could I Have Asked For a Bigger Godsend than Sarah Palin for Vice President" Faye's SNL spoof.
If you haven't, then please click here to watch both.
One of my really good friends is an avid McCain supporter. Actually, that isn't true. He's an avid hater of anyone who would ever vote for a black man, although he would never say that out loud. (He just whispers it to you when he's drunk). I skipped over the whole "How can you be racist in 2008" card and went straight for the "John McCain is older than Methuselah" jab, trying to paint a portrait of an America run by Governor Palin.
"John McCain has just as likely a chance of dying in office as Barack Obama!" he yelled.
"Are you kidding me? Unless you're talking about someone assassinating Obama, how could you possibly argue that point?"
"Because it's AMERICA!" he yelled, again.
I just stared at him. To make him replay the dialogue in his head.
"We have modern medicine in this country," he said.
I just hope there aren't too many more people in this country who ascribe to this kind of logic. If there are, then they may be excited about Palin's foreign policy experience.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment