Sunday, November 23, 2008

I'm a big fan of the boo. I boo at every possible opportunity. There's something about it that is just so ... thereapeutic. "BOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" You should try it some time; you'll thank me.

I did a little booing today, at the LSU-Ole Miss game in Baton Rouge. To put it succintly, LSU got stomped. And since I was wearing my new Geaux Tigers t-shirt that David's sister Lauren bought me, I had to play the role of the "angry LSU fan" in the stands, which explains the hearty boo's I was belching out today -- I may have extremely soft hands, but I can boo with the best of 'em. I'll put my boo up against anybody's, except the guy from The Green Mile, and the guy who used to read out cheesy love letters in Boyz II Men songs -- their voices are too deep to conquer in a booing contest.

Well anyway, guess what happened? One of the LSU fans (who had no idea that I myself was not actually an LSU fan) sitting next to me complimented me on my booing.

"That's a really nice boo, man."

I honestly don't think I've ever been more flattered.

No comments: