Monday, December 22, 2008

The "You're Going to Hell, Sinner" Series.


If you drive east on I-10 from Houston to Baton Rouge, there is this stretch of road that will make you want to either get on your knees and pray or get on your knees to throw up. Or, it may just bring you to your knees in laughter. I have passed by it so many times, I can't even count -- it's on the way to UVa -- and I always meant to take a picture of it. Last week, I finally did. I don't know how long these Jesus-themed billboards have been there, but I always wonder, "Who the hell pays for these?"

Back-to-back-to-back, it's 1:




2:




And 3:




And 4, as well, which came out too blurry on my camera to even post.

I'm pretty sure they're on the Texas side of the state line, but all you have to do to find out is ask any LSU student from Houston, because I'm sure they've passed by these deals enough times to know exactly what exit they're located on.

Here's what I want to do: pass around a collection plate to raise the funds necessary to purchase some ad space on this billboard, which, not even joking, comes right after the four Christian ones.




It seems pretty obvious to me that KEM Outdoor is just asking for something sarcastic and secular to be plastered up there.

My ideas include:

1) Gay Animal Sex, Live Acts, Exit Now!

2) Muslims Rule.

3) Jesus was a Jew.

Feel free to email me with any ideas of your own.

No comments: