Littering and...?
I was driving home last night when I arrived at an intersection with blinking yellow lights. The car in front of me, which was already traveling as fast as a Golden Girl on the way to her weekly bingo night, came to a complete stop. I waited patiently, since it was obvious they were simply a couple of Austin potheads. Who stops at a blinking yellow light? People who are stoned out of their minds.
After two or three seconds of indulging this absurdity, I politely tapped my horn. They uneasily inched forward a few feet, then stopped again. Parannoying. Finally I just went around them and cruised through. I saw them in the rearview cautiously continue on, going about 20 in a 30. This happened just after midnight.
If I had been a cop, that would have been bad for them.
If I had been in my friend Mike's truck, which has a police siren installed for situations exactly such as that one, it would have been great for me. I would have gone Super Troopers on their asses. ("He's already pulled over! He can't pull over any farther!")

No comments:
Post a Comment