Balkan homecoming.
"Yo, man, how much are you excited?! For Balkan again... Be prepared."
That's the text I got from O.G. Zoka last week. In just a couple of hours, I'll be on a plane, bound for Belgrade, Serbia, back to my Balkan Home Sweet Home.
It's been over two years, but ja sam spreman.
My stay in Belgrade will be interrupted by a nice little trip up to northern Serbia, in the historically distinct Vojvodina region, to my second favorite Serbian city, Novi Sad. Exit Festival, from July 9-12, is going to be the shit.
It helps that I have the coolest job ever, with employers as flexible as Mary Lou Retton. All I need to punch in is an Internet connection, whether that's in the office in Austin, in the rainforest of Brazil, or the smoke-filled den of the Black Catz. That's why I can go to Serbia for two weeks and only take three vacation days. If I'd really known just how flexibile they were when I bought my ticket, I may have just gone for a month.
I know I haven't been writing much lately. Crystal, I apologize. I will be picking my game up for the next two weeks, for sure.
Zato idem u Beograduuuuuuu.

No comments:
Post a Comment