Friday, June 09, 2006

"I stunk up the room????"

Apparently, the answer is yes. I'm not gonna lie -- I'm a little hurt. I've been called a lot of names in my life, heard a lot of insults, been the victim of a lot of jokes. Short, shrimpy, skinny, bird-legged, girly handwriting, turtle look-a-like, pigeon-toed, obnoxious, short-tempered, loud, insensitive...I've heard all of these many times.

But being told I can't sleep on the couch at my buddy's place in London because, allegedly, the maid thinks I "stunk up the room."

All right, so I didn't take a shower yesterday after playing soccer in the park and getting sweatier than Richard Simmons. And I didn't take a shower today, either ... yet. (I still have two hours until midnight). But there is NO WAY I could have smelled so bad that the maid had to fan out the room and leave the doors open to air it out. These allegations are completely unfounded.

I hope.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bayless -
Yes, there is a way.
We're airing out your room at home.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Bayless, did you sit in Katie's car on the ride home from C'ville???? We are still airing out the funky smell! Hope you are having fun. love, Aunt Sharon

Anonymous said...

Bayless, don't guys your age use all those body washes and sprays that line the aisles in drug and grocery stores? Shotgun

Anonymous said...

actually yeah bayless, there is a way, i have experienced it firsthand.... remember when you and tom hid in my car's trunk and scared the S@%! out of me while i was driving? i distinctly remember telling you i knew i smelled something real funky...