And whenever you're at a festival with a bunch of heady white kids, and the music is all either reggae or all jam bands, etc., the one hip hop group gets people going crazy. It's like people have just been waiting to act like badasses, which is what white people feel like when they're cruising down the street in their Saturns, sunglasses on and a ferocious head nod going, cuz murda was the case dat they gave you.
I was at Saian Supa Crew (FR) with Zizou and Nawiee. They had already been complaining earlier in the weekend about the montony of reggae (not the first time I've heard the complaint), and they were overtly "hip hop guys," so I was happy to be there with them.
The way I was grooving in Abenberg to Gentleman...well, these two Frankfurters weren't going that crazy, but they were jamming.
And it was halfway through the show, when Zizou had been getting into it pretty hard, that he turns to me in his German accent and says, "Zie people, have been longing, for hip hop."
Yes they have, Fabian.
HOW GREAT IS THAT QUOTE?

1 comment:
Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»
Post a Comment