THROWBACK JERSEYS
What is the deal here?
I saw a treasure chest of amazing throwback jerseys -- that's real throwbacks. Not thowbacks, as in Mitchell & Ness's jazz. Like my Dream Team II Shawn Kemp jersey, or the skin tight Larry Bird jersey Wes The Original Beach Kid rocks.
This was the only time I felt absolutely compelled to snap a photo. My Shawn Kemp compadre has the most sick nasty jersey of all. But the reason I took a picture was because I had a plan in mind, which failed, to snap a frame of the guy standing about 5 meters in front of him...also clothed in a real old-school Shawn Kemp jersey. But this one was also different! A shout out to his years of sharp peak and even sharper decline -- the dark green and what's-it-called-dark-red with sand-colored lining.
MAN I WISH I HAD ACTUALLY BROUGHT THAT DREAM TEAM KEMP JERSEY WITH ME! Can you picture how funny that would have been? Anyone who knows me knows what would have happened.
Me: "Hey, vass-up man!" (I turn around and point to the fading word still barely visible above the number on my back) "We both got Shawn Kemp old school jerseys! Quick, come over here with me real quick." (I lead the startled, confused German Shawn Kemp jersey wearer over to soon-to-be startled, confused German Shawn Kemp jersey wearer No. 2)
Me: "Yo! Look!" (I turn around, once again, to show No.2 the world "KEMP" plastered on the faded, Value Village mesh shirt, as if the pen used to write it dropped out random pellets of salt. Then I make No. 1 turn around and show off his jersey, too).
No. 2: (really confused...most likely does not even know who Shawn Kemp is)
But, alas. I figured I would look too American. That's very ironic -- I will explain later in my "What is '80's'? Debate".
What is the deal here?
I saw a treasure chest of amazing throwback jerseys -- that's real throwbacks. Not thowbacks, as in Mitchell & Ness's jazz. Like my Dream Team II Shawn Kemp jersey, or the skin tight Larry Bird jersey Wes The Original Beach Kid rocks.
This was the only time I felt absolutely compelled to snap a photo. My Shawn Kemp compadre has the most sick nasty jersey of all. But the reason I took a picture was because I had a plan in mind, which failed, to snap a frame of the guy standing about 5 meters in front of him...also clothed in a real old-school Shawn Kemp jersey. But this one was also different! A shout out to his years of sharp peak and even sharper decline -- the dark green and what's-it-called-dark-red with sand-colored lining.
MAN I WISH I HAD ACTUALLY BROUGHT THAT DREAM TEAM KEMP JERSEY WITH ME! Can you picture how funny that would have been? Anyone who knows me knows what would have happened.
Me: "Hey, vass-up man!" (I turn around and point to the fading word still barely visible above the number on my back) "We both got Shawn Kemp old school jerseys! Quick, come over here with me real quick." (I lead the startled, confused German Shawn Kemp jersey wearer over to soon-to-be startled, confused German Shawn Kemp jersey wearer No. 2)
Me: "Yo! Look!" (I turn around, once again, to show No.2 the world "KEMP" plastered on the faded, Value Village mesh shirt, as if the pen used to write it dropped out random pellets of salt. Then I make No. 1 turn around and show off his jersey, too).
No. 2: (really confused...most likely does not even know who Shawn Kemp is)
But, alas. I figured I would look too American. That's very ironic -- I will explain later in my "What is '80's'? Debate".

Here is the list of all the jerseys I can remember (despite writing down almost all of the memorable moments on my little reporter's notepad that has all of my weird thoughts and ideas scribbled in it, I stupidly did not copy down any player jersey names -- memory will have to suffice).
NICK VAN EXEL (Lakers, 3-D style, amazing)
MICHAEL JORDAN (3x)
DENNIS RODMAN (both Bulls; 2x)
DIRK NOWITZKI (only twice?!?!?! Come on, guys. Show some support.)
TRACY McGRADY (Orlando, Houston; 2x total)
KOBE BRYANT (2x; one was old school 3-D)
SHAQUILLE O'NEAL (1x; Lakers)
GARY PAYTON (1x; Finals jersey)
TIM DUNCAN (1x)
VINCE CARTER (1x; Toronto)
DWAYNE WADE (1x)
LEBRON JAMES (a few times...one was St. Vincent-St. Mary's)
And that's all I can remember at the moment, but I'm sure more will come to me. Maybe I just got the wrong impression during the World Cup, but did I hear of more than ten people who cared about the NBA when their boy Dirk Nowitzki was choking in the finals? No. Good thing for him, too. Nice free throw shooting down the stretch with the chance to turn the fire hose loose against the Heat by taking a 3-0 lead, Dirk. Football mania saved you from scrutiny in your homeland.

1 comment:
Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»
Post a Comment