A verbatim excerpt from my boy Kevin's email sent to me upon my landing in his old stomping grounds. I had to include it because he's right, there were about 3,000,000,000 hot blonde chicks out everyday.
But he was also right in his choice of adjectives for THE tourist attraction in Copenhagen: The Little Mermaid, as thought up by the famous Danish fairy tale author, Hans Christian Andersen.
"Avoid the stupid f***ing little mermaid at all costs," Kevin warned me.
Naturally, it made me want to go see it, because I had honestly never even heard of the thing until he mentioned it.
What's there to see, really? It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of -- this tourist obsession with an unimpressive, small statue of a mermaid that, quite frankly, would be completely unknown to the world if it weren't for Ariel and Walt Disney.
But you have to go, if only to marvel at the people who are actually marveling.

No comments:
Post a Comment