
Kind of like Gricko (greets-go, a Serbian word for someone who snacks a lot), my friend from the Three Black Catz in Belgrade, who tells everyone when asked on the street that he is from Serbia. He chills, too.
And then there's this guy.
"You are Bob Marley? Hahahahahah," he said when Gricko walked by. How he got Bob Marley from a Japanese dude "from Serbia," I have no idea. Maybe it was the fact that he had an afro of black hair. But what is undeniable is who this guy looks like.
"And you?" I asked. "You're Ron Jeremy, right?"
Wow.
This is an all too common sight for me in Turkey. I average about ten cups of Turkish tea a day.
This, on the other hand, is not so common. The last two hair cuts I have had were given to me by my sisters: A buzz cut the day before leaving in June, courtesy of Garland and her friends, and a trim job to remove my Mel Gibson/Lethal Weapon 2 mullet that had begun to grow out of the buzz. The only problem was that Elizabeth missed some spots, I mean a lot of spots, and let me clean up the mess.
But man, do I look good or what!




1 comment:
Yo dude, I got your blog info from Wes who I ran into at UVA the weekend before Thanksgiving (for the UVA-Miami game). Looks like stuffs goin real well. Take it easy (I know you do) and enjoy Europe. I'm jealous...
Best,
kevin
Post a Comment