Since I returned to Serbia -- two weeks at the Black Hole in Belgrade, followed by a whirlwind tour of "Old Serbia" (a.k.a. the south) -- my life has been a whirlwind. But if you went by my blog, that would be the last thing you'd think.
It's not because I'm lacking in stories. I'm not. At all.
It's because of how crazy this country is, and how much I love it.
Warts and all.
Belgrade -- enough said. Then to Mladen's family Slava (think Serbian Orthodox Thanksgiving) in Vranje -- hilarious story from that one. Catching a ride with Mladen's relative to his home in the Serbian sector of Kosovo -- think car problems, hidden cameras and all around sketchiness. On to Sjenica, the "Serbian Siberia" -- did you know there are Muslims in Serbia? And now, Nova Varos, where my stomach has been on the verge of exploding for three days, thanks to Zivko's mother.
The problem with travel blogs is that when you've got the time and the energy to write, you don't have the stories to entertain. And when you've got the stories, the last thing you've got is the time -- nevermind the energy.
I promise, once this dies down, all will be recorded in full.
But don't hold your breath.
Merry Christmas.
Saturday, December 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Merry Cristmas. Mladen
Merry Christmas. Mladen
That's ok Billy. I understand u don't have time u know. But WE WANT those stories, man! U better find time!
Hugs,
Nela
Post a Comment