Wednesday, September 10, 2008

So I'm looking for a part time job at the moment, as I linger in Houston for the next few weeks before I plan to move to Austin. I committed to coaching my cousin's church league soccer team until the end of October, so it doesn't leave me with many options as far as trying to make some cash right now.

I'm basically willing to prostitute myself out for money while I wait for November.

I think I found the perfect gig on craigslist.com.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeking 1-2 Attractive & Gay-friendly Bartender for Wedding 10/11/08 (Private Ranch outside of Austin, TX)


Reply to: job-832551225@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-09-08, 12:12PM CDT


Seeking 1-2 very attractive & friendly guys to bartend at a gay wedding (grooms are 29 & 31 year olds) on a private ranch outside of Austin on the night of Saturday, October 11th, from 6:00pm - 12:00am (with potential overnight lodging as well as a brunch shift the next day). There will be roughly 125 guests from all over the world (mostly from New York, Los Angeles, & Texas) and a full bar. This will be a great opportunity to meet some very interesting people, eat amazing food, and have a BLAST at one of the coolest ranches in Texas.

Please reply to this posting with your resume (or a description of your bartending experience) and at least one clear recent photo of yourself. We look forward to hearing from you!!!

  • Location: Private Ranch outside of Austin, TX
  • Compensation: $200+ (or commensurate with experience

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts (oh, how many I have):

  1. A description of our "bartending experience," eh? Is that what they're calling it these days?
  2. Yeah, I bet there's potential for overnight lodging ... of things ... in things.
  3. And I'd get to stay for breakfast...
  4. $200 doesn't seem like much. But it's like Michael Scott said, "It's all about the perks."

No comments: