Saturday, February 28, 2009

Guess what I found!


"Man, so much crazy shit has been happening to me recently, I've been meaning to call you all week to tell you about it. You know that magazine 'Found'?"

My friend is obsessed with Found Magazine. It's a publication full of stuff people have ... found. Scraps of paper with notes on them, old pictures, letters written to loved ones. All types of stuff. People will just find cool things, things which lack context and are therefore wonderful for those endowed with rich imagination, and mail them in. And there's a magazine full of this kind of stuff.

"Yeah," I said. "What did you find?"

"Well I was walking home from class the other day, and ever since I got into this magazine, I've been scouring the streets for stuff I could send in. Whenever I'm walking on the sidewalk, I'm just constantly keeping my eyes out for that kind of stuff. So the other day, I'm looking, and I see this bag..."

Yeah...

"..And I bend down to pick it up, and what do I find? Like two grams of the dankest buds I've seen in like six months."

"Nice!"

"I know!"

"That is incredible. That has never happened to me."

"Me either man, it was awesome."

"So what was the other crazy shit that's been happening to you? You said there was a lot of stuff."

"Oh,"
he said, as if I'd kind of caught him off guard. "Ya know man, I really can't remember."

I wonder why.

No comments: