Sunday, December 13, 2009

"You don't have Christ in your life."
And how people like this actually do exist.


I had a really good friend from back in the day tell me last night that the reason I hold political beliefs that she categorized as "wrong" is because -- and I quote -- "You don't have Christ in your life."

She said this while we were at a party, doing party things. She also happened to ruin the party for me, since I spent the next 40 minutes explaining to her in a very restrained manner how offensive such an accusation is. (Something she was never able to grasp, since she "really believes" that Jesus is the only way to Heaven.)

Two thoughts:

1) My general rule of thumb is that Christians who call the guy "Christ" instead of "Jesus" are way intense.

2) I wonder if my friend would have appreciated my other Halloween costume from this past October.


Hint: I'm not the one on the right


The best part about this costume was that, every time I had someone come up to express how they were offended, I could just say, "It's okay. I forgive you for judging me."

The same goes for people who complained that my cross had hit them in the head. I would just forgive them for getting in the way of my cross.

Am I a hypocrite? Not really; at least I'm aware that my costume was offensive.

2 comments:

amanda a. said...

Hahahahaha... this is awesome. I love that you forgave them.

Rachel said...

I google-stalked you. This is hilarious.