Dwyane Wade is a machine.
It's because of games like last night that I bought those D. Wade shoes two Christmases ago, when I was back in the States for a couple of weeks, an interlude between Parts 1 and 2 of my year in Tanzania. I'd been playing in some used kicks I bought in my village's outdoor market -- pretty sure they were made by Pony, which I didn't realize until that day had ever made anything other than big, clanky baseball cleats -- and I was using my Christmas list as a way to get hooked up with some better raba ("rubber" pronounced in an African accent), as they're called in TZ.
I wanted to be like Dwyane "Don't Call Me Dwayne" Wade, my favorite player since Charles Barkley.
(Jerryd Bayless was still in college at the time.)
WATCH THIS HIGHLIGHT.
The 48-point, six-rebound, 12-assist, four-steal, three-block stat line is an afterthought to the dramatics. Three buzzer beating three pointers in one game: one at half, one at the end of regulation, and then...
It is so thrilling that I do not want to ruin it for you. It'd be like telling you the ending to "Inside Man." What Dwyane Wade did last night against the Bulls is the kind of stuff that happens on movies, not NBA regular season games. I will give you Wade's quote on the last play, and that is all:
"You never know until it goes in," Wade said. "But I was 99.9 percent sure that one was cash."
It's like Chase said: "basketball is back!"

No comments:
Post a Comment