Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I don't care where you go. The people may dress differently, the music may sound a little strange to your ears, and the division of gender roles between man and woman may become dangerously blurred, but a house party is a house party, from Copenhagen to Timbuctoo. Punto.

It's the same -- only a little different -- in all western countries, at least. Instead of sitting around like my friends and I did at UVa, pregaming and bouncing off the walls to to Gentleman or A Tribe Called Quest, these Danes were shaking their booties to some house/techno/trance/how the hell am I supposed to delineate between all these electronic types of music. We are all one member of the human race, I suppose.


But look closely if you want to keep your ear to the grindstone of northern European (or is it just Danish? Or is it just Copenhagen? Or is it just this neighborhood in Copenhagen?) fashion. Yasser Arafat may be dead, but the kafiyah is sooooo in this summer. Add a splash of gel in your expensively cut hair, throw on some faded jeans, and just wrap that baby around your neck, no matter WHAT the temperature outside! You will be the envy of everyone in the club as the evening turns to Arabian night.


Seriously, all the dudes wear these things now. I had to snap a photo to prove it. Posted by Picasa

No comments: