Wednesday, August 09, 2006

There's something about cities with canals that just draw me in. Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen. All beautiful, charming locales. All with canals.

I mean, how many places can you go in the world that have a bar on the water like this? Why I never went and simply had a beer at this place, I will never know. STUPID, Bayless! GOD!


The weather pretty much sucks year round from what I hear. But not while I was there. And you know what sunshine means for this old man. One word: chillin.


When you have to parallel park a big ass boat like this, do you do the same thing that you would with a car? You know, the pull up about halfway alongside the boat in front, turn the stee...ring.....wheel (what is that thing called on a boat again?) all the way to one side, back in, curse yourself upon realizing you totally screwed up, pull back out, straighten up, pray that other boats aren't going to be blocked in the canal while you try to get your act together, etc., until you get somewhat parked?


And if the answer to that question is "yes," do you think there has ever been a time where two bad parallel parkers -- one in a car and the other in his boat -- have both held up traffic at the same time while trying to fit their vehicles into spots that happened to be right next to one another?

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: