What are you doing this weekend?
Me? Oh, I'm doing pretty much the same, except for when I go to this birthday party in Szeged, Hungary -- a town I've never heard of near the Romanian and Serbian borders -- as the personal guest of the birthday girl, Kata.
Nah, I don't know Kata. Nor do I know her twin brother. But I did get to hang out with one of their friends in Voiron, France two weekends ago. That is about the extent of my connection to these siblings whose birthdays I am going to celebrate in grand fashion a few days from now.
I am finally leaving the home base in Switzerland, and though Bibi jokes, I know she will miss me.
Western Europe -- that portion of the trip is now officially over. Let the real stuff begin. I'm off to Budapest, where I will once again have a free place to stay, this time with someone I have never met.
Damn I am good.
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment