awww... shut up.
The difference between Chase and Caroline
I started to feel sick two nights ago, at about 3 a.m. I noticed the cough before the muscle pains or the headache came, and I knew, "This is only going to get worse before it gets better."
Horrible timing. For once, I was looking forward to New Year's Eve, since I'll be going to Columbus, Ohio. Columbus? you ask. That's right. Columbus. A place where the beer flows like wine. And also where Boo Boo Drew lives -- we're having a college reunion in his three story Boo Boo den this week.
That's why I started taking medicine yesterday, to nip this thing in the bud. I want to be ready to go tomorrow night.
This morning, feeling like poop, I was talking to Chase on the Facebook chat. He was at work, getting paid to do this. I told him I felt sick, and that I hoped to get better in time for Columbus.
Keep in mind that Chase is "the nice one." He is affectionately referred to as "Mom" in our group of friends. And this is how he responded to my pity request:
shut up
you're fine
If Chase and I were female bff's, how would he respond in that situation? Only one way to find out: use my 18 year old sister as a guinea pig.
"Garland," I asked, "who is your most sympathetic friend? Maru? Text Maru and tell her you're sick, and that you don't think you'll be able to go out for New Year's."
"Why?"
"I'm doing an experiment."
"Well, Maru is in Mexico. She won't get it."
"Who else is sympathetic?"
"Caroline is pretty sympathetic," she said.
So she texted Caroline:
Hey i woke up this morning really sick. I'm not sure if i'll be able to go out tomorrow.
My prediction was that Caroline would respond with something involving an "awww" and a frowny face. Here was what she said:
Aww garland i am sorry what hurts? Can i bring you anything to make you feel better? Soup kleenex trash can aha
UNBELIEVABLE. Caroline is most definitely sympathetic. And girls are most definitely nicer to each other than guys.
:(

No comments:
Post a Comment