Thursday, June 08, 2006

Why I Love Technology
By Bayless Parsley

1) It's 3 in the morning, London time, and I'm watching Game 1 of the NBA Finals, live on Sky Sports 2.

Why I Hate Technology
By Bayless Parsley

1) It's 3 in the morning, London time, and I'm really really tired, and all five of my friends fell asleep over five hours ago, but I'm watching Game 1 of the NBA Finals, live on Sky Sports 2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(The ABC announcers just said that Dirk used to watch Finals games as a 13-year-old in Germany, "often in the middle of the night." It's now almost 4...I feel young Dirk's pain)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can someone please explain to Terrell Owens the meaning of the letters, "PR"? Because right now, T.O. is sitting down by the floor in his new city, Dallas, wearing the jersey of Shaquille O'Neal, who happens to play for the other team. If I'm the most hated man in the NFL, and half of the people who are paying to see me play next year probably view me with more suspicion than Hillary does Bill after a 3 a.m. return from a "night out with the boys," I'm not gonna go with the Shaq jersey in Game 1 of the NBA Finals, in Dallas. Don't even try to qualify it with, "I'm really good friends with Shaq, and blood is thicker than water." Really, Terrell? Let me guess: you're both African-American, you're both good at sports, therefore you're "cousins." Because that's about the strength of your relation. If you came to a Rockets playoff game after signing on to be David Carr's new favorite target (that never gets the ball thrown to him because the quarterback is looking up at the sky), and you were wearing a Heat jersey, I would become the second fan in three years to get charges filed against him for throwing a cup of beer at an insane professional athlete next to an NBA court. Don't even pretend like the Mavericks hat turned to the side can cover your bases.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. The Dallas NFL fans will be watching the championship right now and they proboly don't know whether they want him on the team now and he's wearing HEAT jersey! Bad Move by T.O. GO MAVS!!!
from, your best & favorite cousin, Patrick